Serverless Engineer @ stedi.com
- full time
At Stedi, we're working in one of the biggest markets on the planet – EDI, the technological backbone of the physical product economy. We’re building a next-generation platform: a ubiquitous commercial trading network to automate the trillions of dollars in B2B transactions exchanged by nearly every company on Earth. We are building a developer-focused software platform, not a consulting company; we do not engage in professional services, solutions architecture, top-down sales, or other activities that scale linearly with growth. That means our focus is building great software – and since great software is built by great people, hiring is one of the most important things we do. Our small team comes from places like AWS, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Slack, and Pivotal. Most work in Engineering, Design, and Product.
As a member of our core engineering team, you will be involved in every aspect of building our platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Using our tenets to build the highest quality, broadest-reaching commercial trading network at the lowest possible price to our customers
- Contributing to a culture of engineering excellence and rigor
- Working closely with major third party service providers like AWS to improve our understanding and use of their services
What we’re looking for
- Substantial experience with AWS serverless offerings in a production environment
- Exceptional contributors who create and execute their own work
What you believe
- The details are not the details – the details are the product
- Great engineering has been achieved when nothing more can be left out without sacrificing quality
- Minimal toil is achieved by designing for operational excellence
- Implementation is always difficult, but with daily effort and clear principles, something approaching perfection is attainable.
Our AWS serverless stack
- API Gateway, DynamoDB, Cognito, Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, and more
- Provisioning with CDK and deployment with CodeBuild/CodePipeline
- Monitored with CloudWatch and X-Ray
- Extensive use of fine-grained access control using IAM
- GitHub and PagerDuty are the only non-AWS services we use
- TypeScript backend and frontend.
What we offer
- Top of market compensation
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- Paid family leave
- Fully distributed team
- Generous, flexible vacation
Stedi’s singular goal is to process every commercial transaction on the planet. We drive towards that goal by delivering a high quality, broad-reaching commercial trading network to our customers at the highest possible value. We maintain minimum operating costs, and drive relentlessly towards simplicity & automation with an uncompromising thoroughness in identifying and implementing improvements every day to reach that level of value operations.
We’ve raised significant funding from Union Square Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Susa Ventures, and other top investors, so we have a lot of runway to build this transformational platform the right way. We have no deadlines, OKRs, recurring meetings, performance reviews, budgets, or bureaucracy. Our only policy is "act in Stedi’s best interest." We pay top of market, have no hierarchy, and are a fully distributed organization.
If you're interested in what we're building and how we’re building it, we'd love to hear from you.
Stedi is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.